The iPhone 14 will very soon be available for purchase. Android users considering buying an iPhone 14 will have to move all of the data from the android device to their new iPhone.
If they are a WhatsApp user, they know that it is difficult to Copy WhatsApp to iPhone 14 from Android. However, you might not be aware of this that Meta has now made a first-party data transfer option available for iOS and Android.
If Android users find themselves in a situation where they're unsure how to continue with the transfer, this article will be useful for them.
Transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14
The following four methods allow Andriod users to quickly transfer WhatsApp data from an Android phone to an iPhone 14:
- Transfer WhatsApp to iPhone from Android by using Move to iOS.
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14 via Google Drive
- Transfer WhatsApp using Email from an Android device to an iPhone 14.
Transfer WhatsApp to iPhone from Android by using Move to iOS
As previously said, Meta has provided a way to copy WhatsApp for free from Android to iPhone via the Move to iOS app. This approach works when the users are setting up their new iPhone from the start.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to transfer WhatsApp from Andriod to iPhone 14 via the Move to iOS app.
- Ensure the iOS version on the iPhone and the WhatsApp software on the Android device are both updated.
- On the Android device, go to the Play Store and download the app called Move to iOS.
- Connect both devices to the same network after the iPhone has been reset.
- Open Move to iOS and follow the on-screen directions.
- When instructed, enter the code that was shown on the iPhone in the Move to iOS app.
- Choose WhatsApp and press Start on the Transfer Data page.
- Finish the process by following the displayed instructions.
- You may access your chats by downloading WhatsApp on the iPhone and setting it up using the same mobile number.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14 via Google Drive
Android users will be disappointed if they want to use Google Drive to transfer WhatsApp from an Android device to an iPhone 14. Only other Android devices can have Google Drive backups restored; iPhones cannot. Nevertheless, Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer offers a solution for users to manually restore Google Drive backups to their new iPhone 14 by downloading them.
Following are steps on using Google Drive to transfer WhatsApp from an Android device to an iPhone:
- Download Tenorshare iCareFone. Open it on the computer. Use a USB connection to link the iPhone to the computer.
- Back up all WhatsApp data to Google Drive on the Android device. From the left pane, click the Backup tab, then from the top bar, select Google Drive. Click Back Up Now.
- Users have to log in to their Google accounts.
- Select the most recent backup file, then click Continue.
- From the three buttons at the bottom, select Restore to iOS.
- Let the transfer finish before logging into WhatsApp on the new iPhone 14 using the same number.
- Now user can proceed. The Google Drive backup on the iPhone 14 has been successfully restored.
Transfer WhatsApp using Email from an Android device to an iPhone 14
Another way to transfer WhatsApp to an iPhone 14 from Android requires emailing the chats as text files to the new iPhone after exporting them from Android. Note that this approach is extremely constrained and can only deliver text files. On the new iPhone, you will not be able to import the chats back into WhatsApp.
Users must complete the following steps if they want to transfer WhatsApp to iPhone 14 from Android through emails
- On the Andriod device, open WhatsApp and choose the chat you want to export.
- Click More > Export chat after selecting the 3 dots in the top-right corner.
- Users can select the media they want to include.
- Choose Gmail, type in their email address, and then hit send.
- Users can now download the file on their new iPhone and read their messages or view the media.
To conclude, using these three simple methods, Android users upgrading for the first time to an iPhone 14 can quickly move their WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone 14.